“CedarCircle” is a fun and Eco-touristic outing organized in Chouf district.
Located at 1.200m from the Mediterranean sea, we will be circling at the foot of one of the largest cedar groves in Lebanon.
Starting from “Ain Zhalta” Cedar reserve, we will be offroading till “Barouk” Cedar reserve and ending in “Ain Zhalta” Pine forest
The Cedar forest of Ain Zhalta is a part of the Ain Zhalta – Barrouk – Ma’ser Eshouf Cedar conservatory, which covers about 5% of the country and is home to about 2 million cedar trees.
1- General info:
+ Open for 15 participants
+ Minimum required : 8 participants
+ Date: Sunday the 14th of July 2013
+ Length of the track: approx 23 km
+ Type : offroad and road (medium level with some hard level zones)
+ Terrain characteristics: medium uphill and downhill
8h00 a.m – 8h25 a.m: rally point in front of “Tour de Lyon” – Emile Edde – Leon Street, Hamra.
+ Each car will have its bike rack to put the bicycle on it
+ The bike rack can carry 2 bicycles, so if you are 4 persons in one car, you will need additional space for 2 other bicycles – in that case, you’ll have to get another car.
8h30 a.m: departure to Ain Zhalta
10h00 a.m : arrival to “Ain Zhalta” Cedar Reserve
+ we will park our cars at the entrance of the reserve
+ a pickup truck will transport us to the top of “Ain Zhalta” Cedar reserve
10h45 a.m: Start of the ride
+ Small and short uphill at the beginning of the track
+ We ride from “Ain Zhalta” to “Barouk” Cedar Reserve
+ Regular stops on the way for beautiful pictures
12h45 p.m: lunch break (bring your own snacks and beverage)
1h45 p.m: we ride back to “Barouk” Cedar reserve from a different road
2h45 p.m : we downhill “Ain Zhalta” Cedar reserve till the pine forest of “Ain Zhalta” village.
+ a pick up will transport the participants who have cars back to the rally point. Drivers will then come down to the end point to pick up the bikes and participants.
4h45 p.m – 5h00 p.m: arrival to Beirut
(depending on traffic conditions)
55.000 L.L including :
– Bicycle and helmet rent,
– Bicycle rack for your car to put your bikes on it
– Pickup transportation from “Ain Zhalta” village to the Cedar resreve
– Cycling Marshal
– Local guide
– Entrance fees to the reserve
– Maintenance and support
Participants with own bicycles : 30.000 L.L
4- What to bring:
– Snacks and beverages for lunch (energy bars, dried fruit, etc.)
– Small back pack (weight on your back should not exceed 3 kilos)
– Sunglasses, gloves
– Digital camera
5- Recommended breakfast:
– Oatmeal, orange juice, apple, etc.
– Pasta, cheese and bread, etc.
6- Required information for reservation:
– Full name
– Date of birth
– Number of bicycles needed
– Have a car ? how many can you carpool ?
– Between 14 and 18 years old: an email + a written and signed permit by your parents allowing you to participate.
Deadline for registration: 2 days before the ride
9- Registration via:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info, kindly contact us on the following number: 03 12 66 75
– REGISTRATION IS CLOSED WHEN WE GET 15 PARTICIPANTS
– RIDERS WITH OWN BICYCLES ARE ALSO OBLIGED TO REGISTER
– YOU SHOULD HAVE A MINIMUM OF ENDURANCE AND RIDING TECHNIQUES TO PARTICIPATE (balance, changing gears, etc.)
10- Follow us on:
Twitter, Linked in, Instagram, Youtube, Google+ : CyclingCircle
Facebook page and group :
By joining to this outing, you will be supporting our Eco-friendly project “Deghri Messengers” :
This event is organized in partnership with Critical Mass :