The Beiteddine Festival is one of the leading festivals in the Middle East. It takes place in a large and magnificent 200-year old Palace in the Chouf Mountains, in Lebanon.
The Palace is a jewel of Lebanese architecture with its many courtyards, monumental gates, elegant arcades and leveled galleries.
Each year, in the months of July and August, the Festival presents outstanding performances by world famous stars and Lebanese artists.
Concurrent with the performances, the Palace houses one or more international art exhibits.
Beiteddine Festival 2015 Program:
– 1 August: David Gray
– 5 August: Marcel Khalifé & the Mayadine Orchestra
– 8 August: Armenian National Philharmonic Orchestra
– 12 August: Tribute to Billie Holiday by Rebecca Ferguson
– 14 & 15 August: Kadim Al Sahir قيصر الاغنية العربية كاظم الساهر
– 20, 21 & 22 August: Bar Farouk, a musical comedy بار فاروق – مسرحية غنائية
– 8 September: Riham Singing Um Koulthoum
– 29 July – 8 September: Gibran Khalil Gibran Exhibition
“Russian soprano Netrebko to perform at Lebanese festival,” Ahram Online, July 13, 2015
* Text and picture from Beiteddine Art Festival’s website